In right now’s local weather, it’s straightforward to color landlords with the identical brush – viewing them solely as money-grabbing opportunists.
As a letting company that’s a part of a community of like-minded brokers, we get to see the rental enterprise’s good, unhealthy and ugly facet.
Sure, there are some unscrupulous, grasping landlords. We do our greatest to keep away from these.
Nevertheless, many landlords attempt to do the fitting factor for his or her tenants.
We’ve gathered some inspiring tales that spotlight the, as a rule, unpublicised acts of kindness that landlords have completed and proceed to do.
- In a single exceptional state of affairs, a landlord had ten gives for a rental property. He might have simply let the very best bidder win, however as an alternative, he supplied the house to a household for £100 lower than the asking value as a result of their pressing want moved him.
- When the pandemic hit, many landlords nationwide rose to the event. We heard of a number of who voluntarily lowered rents to ease the monetary burden on their tenants. No questions requested, no fuss made – simply good-hearted consideration throughout a making an attempt interval.
- We’ve additionally heard about landlords who’ve prolonged their empathy to psychological well being. A tenant, battling quite a few life occasions, fell behind on lease. As an alternative of eviction, the owner gave him time and assisted with funding for personal counselling.
- One landlord went above and past in a global context – offering a Ukrainian household, who fled a life-threatening state of affairs, a rent-free property for a yr, probably forgoing £24,000 in annual lease.
- Then, there are these annual gestures that heat the center. Like the owner who gives half-price lease each December or others who’ve waived a month’s lease for tenants present process therapy for critical well being points, reminiscent of chemotherapy or coronary heart surgical procedure.
These accounts come from all corners of the UK, and we have now come throughout related native tales. They present that not all landlords match the detrimental stereotype usually portrayed within the media.
They remind us that many landlords view their position not simply as a enterprise enterprise however as a possibility to make a real, optimistic distinction in somebody’s life.
To those landlord legends, we are saying a heartfelt ‘Thanks’.
You’re renewing our religion in human nature, one rental settlement at a time.
Thanks for studying.